Reserve a Private Workshop
Choose a date for your private workshop from the drop-down menu above. Securing a date for your private workshop requires a non-refundable $15 deposit.
Within 24 hours of reserving your date, we will contact you to finalize the details.
For private workshop dates beyond the those listed in the drop-down menu, please email us at email@example.com.
Private Workshop Details
During our scent workshops, we teach people the fundamentals of perfuming and aromatherapy to help them feel the way they want to feel. Then, guests create a custom scent using our 50+ fragrance oils, which are all phthalate-free. We then use that scent to create a custom product.
For private workshops, we require at least 8 people, and our studio holds up to 24 guests. If groups don't have 8 guests, we typically recommend attending one of our public workshops, which are announced here.
We offer the following product packages for private parties, which are discounted from our normal workshop prices:
- Full Perfume (1 oz., alcohol-based spray): $30 per person
- Candle (9 oz.) and mini perfume oil (.33 oz.): $32 per person
- 1 Candle (9 oz): $18 per person
- Mini Perfume Oil (.33 oz): $16 per person
For candle workshops, we make the candles for the first hour, but the candles require 45 minutes of cooling time to set before they can be moved. You can use this time for snacks and chatting (or to pop over to Cugino Forno or KAU).
Once we get the details of your party, we can create a page on our website where the guests can register and pay. Or we can send you an invoice after the event if you prefer to cover the cost.
You're welcome to bring beverages and snacks to the workshop. Just be mindful that table space is limited if your group has more than 14 guests.
Please note our policies:
- It's very important that guests arrive on time. Guests arriving 10 minutes late or more will need to follow along in the notes rather than have the instructions repeated.
- If the minimum number of guests have not registered within 24 hours of the scheduled event, the event will be rescheduled OR the organizer can pay for the remaining registrations needed to meet the minimum.
- Refunds are given for cancellations prior to the event. If guests do not cancel prior to the event, their reservations will be refunded at 50% of the fee paid.
- Parties conclude at the time listed in the reservation.
- Guests bringing food and beverages are responsible for removing any unused or excess food or drinks. We recommend keeping food and drink arrangements simple, because the workshops are very hands-on.
- Guests assume all risks associated with the scent workshop, including spills of wax and oil on clothing. Aprons are provided but cannot prevent all accidents. Scent Workshop is not responsible for spills, splashes, or other accidents that may occur as a result of mixing and creating products.
- If guests are sensitive to scents, this may not be an ideal environment for them.